It's A Boy!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Blog Archive

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Advice To Mommies on Hospital Bed Rest: Get to know your Nurses!


While in the hospital long term, nurses will become your family. These are the people who look after you day and night. Don't be afraid to ask them questions and ask them to do things for you. They are there to make you feel at home as much as possible. Some of them will get on your nerves...like really, do you need my temperature & blood pressure every 2 hours?? Do you really need to know how often I have a bowel movement? Didnt the last nurse already tell you that I'm not having contractions? The list goes on....but at the end of the day, I am thankful for them! Let them get to know you! It will make your stay much easier.

Shout-out to some of my favorite nurses: Bizz, Yanick, Pauline, Betsy, Jamie, Thea, and Sandi! God blessed these ladies with a wonderful gift. They have given me hugs, cried with me, held my hand, even fought for me and believed in me when the doctors showed doubt. These ladies have a true gift. You must have compassion and a true love for your career and your patients in order to be a successful nurse. I've thought hard about a career change, and being here at IU has made my decision easier. It takes a lot of heart to be an awesome nurse.

No comments:

Post a Comment