It's A Boy!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Importance of Support

The first few days in the hospital were difficult because I was depressed. I cried at least 5 times a day, every day the first few weeks. Mainly because of fear & a sense of lonliness. I am normally a healthy, working, and active 25 year old who is always on the go. I've never had health issues nor have I been hospitalized. So this was all new to me. I miss going on dates with Duwayne, I miss the summer BBQs, I miss going shopping, going to the hair & nail salon, hanging out with my girlfriends, going to church, and even WORK! LOL....the list goes on. At one point I begged to go home, but I figured that this was the best place for me with all that has been going on.

The main thing that's gotten me this far is support from my friends and family. When dealing with something like this, support is extremely important. Hospital visits, texts, phone calls, even dropping by to bring me my favorite snack...are all small things that get me through the days. It lets me know who loves me and who is thinking about me. It lets me know that there is life outside of this hospital bed.

Thanks to my number one supporter, my Duwayne...who sleeps on this pull-out bed right next to me every night! Poor thing...I know he misses sleeping in a real bed. But he told me "You are my world, I'm not leaving your side...ever." That is true love! We are a true team...he has made many sacrifices just like I did. He is so positive and keeps me positive. This journey has definitely brought us closer than ever before. Now I know we can get through anything.

My mom is such a trooper. She has sacrificed a lot too. She's missed so much work, even missed a class which she never does...and put all kinds of important things on hold for me. Even slept in this uncomfy bed and chair in my room a few times. I've had to remind her that she has a life outside of worrying about me. But that was like talking to a brick wall. And I love her for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment